An e-shram card is a digital card that is issued by the Indian government to provide recognition to workers in the informal sector, such as street vendors, small shop owners, and self-employed individuals. The e-shram card is issued through the Ministry of Labour and Employment’s portal, Shram Suvidha Portal, and serves as a proof of identity and employment for informal sector workers.
The e-shram card program was launched in 2015 as a way to formalize the informal sector and provide workers with access to various government schemes and benefits. Some of the benefits of holding an e-shram card include:
- Access to social security schemes, such as the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) and the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF)
- Eligibility for loans from banks and financial institutions
- Priority in government schemes and schemes of local bodies
- Facilitation in obtaining various licenses and approvals from government agencies
To apply for an e-shram card, individuals must register on the Shram Suvidha Portal and provide proof of identity and employment. The e-shram card is valid for a period of five years and can be renewed after that.
The e-shram card program has been successful in providing recognition and benefits to informal sector workers in India. It has also helped the government to better understand and address the needs of this large and important sector of the economy.
EShram Card Registration
If you are an informal sector worker in India and are interested in applying for an e-shram card, here is a step-by-step guide on how to do so:
- Go to the Shram Suvidha Portal (https://shramsuvidha.gov.in/). This is the official website for the Ministry of Labour and Employment, where you can apply for an e-shram card.
- Click on the “New User? Register Here” button on the homepage.
- Fill out the registration form with your personal and employment details. You will need to provide proof of identity and employment, such as a copy of your PAN card, voter ID, or driving license.
- Click on the “Submit” button to complete the registration process.
- Once your registration is complete, you will receive a confirmation email with your login details.
- Log in to the Shram Suvidha Portal using your login details.
- Click on the “Apply for e-Shram Card” button.
- Fill out the e-shram card application form with your personal and employment details.
- Attach any required documents, such as proof of identity and employment.
- Click on the “Submit” button to complete the application process.
It typically takes about 7-10 days for the e-shram card to be issued after the application is submitted. Once your e-shram card is issued, you will receive a notification via email. You can then log in to the Shram Suvidha Portal to view and download your e-shram card.
It’s important to note that the e-shram card is valid for a period of five years and must be renewed after that. To renew your e-shram card, you will need to log in to the Shram Suvidha Portal and follow the same steps as above to apply for a new e-shram card.
Also Read: – PM Kisan Samman Nidhi, Beneficiary Status and Ekyc